Friday, May 3, 2013

For The Love of Quilting...

Katznquilter shares this amazing story with the group...

"Hi Kathleen.  I have been in Florida visiting family the last two weeks and, of course, I had to visit the local quilt shop.  After chatting with the owner about my love of all things hexagon, she asked me to follow her to the back of the shop.  She then proceeded to take something off the top shelf of a bookcase.  She handed it to me and said "You take this.  I want you to have it.  I know you will take care of it."  The shop owner had received it from an elderly lady who was concerned that her children would "throw it out" when she passed away.  The shop owner did not recall the maker's name but remembered she had possession of the quilt for about 10 years and never had time to finish it.
 
So now I am the very proud and excited owner of this exquisite hand-pieced Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt.  I intend to finish it and share it will all that will see it.  I think that will make the creator of this piece very happy, wherever she is."
 
 
All I can say is "WOW!" What a treasure! Can't wait for you to share with us the finished quilt in all it's glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment