Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Tips For Hexies On The Go...

 
Several of you are cutting all your fabric squares before starting to make any hexies. I can sense some frustration in your voices as you don't feel like you are making progress.
 
Like me, I like instant gratification! Cutting ten sets, making ten sets is the way I do it. I found a Rubbermaid (item code 11) plastic container in my cupboard and it holds more than enough squares, paper pieces, thread, needle and snips to make my ten sets per night. Now, you might not be able to finish all ten sets, but between my phone calls and breaks at work, I seem to manage it.
 
When I get home from work, I empty all the finished hexies in a box next to my iron to dry press and baste into "six-packs"  then replenish the container for my next day of work. Yes, it does take a few moments a day, but at least I see progress and the satisfaction to be able to package some each day really perks my spirit! Try it, you'll like it!
 





No comments:

Post a Comment