Wednesday, July 15, 2015

How Do You Sew Your Hexies Together?

Over the years, I have always seen hexies sewn together with fronts together and a whip or ladder stitch.



Maybe I'm the only one, but yes, I do see stitches showing in the front with this method. The Scrappy Appleyard shows the hexies butted side by side and sewn from the back with a much cleaner look.



This leads me to the question--how do you sew your hexies together? Any tips or suggestions to pass along to other hexie lovers? Email me at 2013hexagonswap@gmail.com with your comments. They will be posted here to share with others.

If you send me your suggestions/photos (in .JPEG format please!) by midnight July 25th, I will draw one name out of a hat for a prize!

Check out the tutorial on The Scrappy Appleyard for more on this alternative method:

http://thescrappyappleyard.blogspot.com/2010/11/hexagon-tutorial-with-plastic-templates.html

1 comment: