Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Meet Hexie Swapper Emily P. of WI

 



Emily writes us--
 
"I'm working on several different hexie projects, but I choose this one, because its extra special. I started this quilt back in Oct. 2013 as a Christmas gift for a good friend named Ashley.

This quilt is named Tenney's Snowflake. This past November marked a year that Ashley and her husband lost their little boy Tenney to cancer. He was an amazing little boy (who I had the privilege to know and watch a time or two) who LOVED snowflakes, and favorite color was red. I saw the red snowflake fabric and knew I wanted to make a hexie snowflake for Ashley. I didn't quite finish it in time for Christmas, but I'm almost done!! Maybe Christmas in July?! ;-)

Thanks for letting me share my story!"

What a precious gift, Emily, this will be for Tenney's parents. Your story brought a tear to my eye...




 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment