Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Meet Hexie Swapper Melody M. of TX


 "I was introduced to hexie making a year ago from my friend Janis.  Once she showed me I was hooked!  I have been sewing since 1968. 

 I was 11 years old when I got my first sewing machine. My dad bought me a singer sewing machine that was a treadle and it had been turned into an electric machine.  I was thrilled!!!  When I would go to my grandmaws, I sewed on a treadle machine.  I started doing hand sewing and piecing in the early 70's but had never heard about paper piecing.  As I said before, I'M HOOKED.

I am currently working on a hexie grandmothers quilt.  I have collected materials from different estate sales and auctions.  I love the way it goes together.  You can see progress quickly.

My granddaughter, Alyssa 10 yrs old, has even put in a few stitches here and there.  She is very interested in sewing as I was and guess what?  She has her own machine.

Will keep everyone posted to the finished quilt and future beginnings of more to come."

Melody, it's wonderful you are getting your granddaughter involved in your project. Perhaps she will be a future swapper! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment