Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Meet New Swapper Susan R. from CA



"My name is Susan R. and I live with my hubby of 30 years and my three adult children in Lakewood, California. I live close enough to Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm to hear their fireworks on those warm Southern California nights.
 
I first started English paper piecing a few years ago with a template I traced from a magazine. Needless to say those were a bit wonky since I couldn't seem to trace it perfectly, but I really enjoyed it. My only finished English paper piecing project is a pillow so far. My oldest daughter Diana is catching the English paper piecing bug as well. She is a Geology major and finds it helps relax her. My middle daughter is a student also, looks like an English major with a math minor.
 
Besides being wife and mother I am the caregiver to our son who is 23 and has a form of muscular dystrophy (Becker's or Duchenne) and epilepsy.
 
The hexagon picture is my pillow and the hexies I have made so far for the swap. The second picture is of a baby quilt made for a dear family friend and the last photo is of my son, Jonathan, at the Grand Canyon in 2010."
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment